SheKnows Media Welcomes Arianna Huffington to the Mainstage at #BLOGHER18 Health in New York City in January 2018
Explore this investment
NEW YORK, NY – SheKnows Media, a leading women’s media company that averages 60 million unique visitors per month (comScore) and reaches more than 300 million social media fans, today announced that Arianna Huffington will keynote at #BlogHer18 Health, a conference for health and wellness-focused female content creators taking place January 2018 in New York City.
Named to TIME Magazine’s 100 Most Influential People and Forbes Most Powerful Women lists, Huffington is the co-founder of Pulitzer Prize-winning The Huffington Post media brand. In November 2016, she launched Thrive Global, a media, technology, and corporate services company helping individuals, companies and communities improve their well-being and performance. Thrive Global’s mission is to end the stress and burnout epidemic by offering companies and individuals sustainable, science-based solutions to enhance well-being, performance, and purpose, and create a healthier relationship with technology. Recent science has shown that the pervasive belief that burnout is the price individuals must pay for success is a delusion. It is known, instead, that when individuals prioritize their well-being, their decision-making, creativity, and productivity improve dramatically.
In addition to speaking at #BlogHer18 Health, Huffington will also serve as a premier member of SheKnows Media’s Executive Advisory Board to provide advice and support in bringing the conference to life.
“At Thrive Global, we are committed to accelerating the culture shift that allows people to reclaim their lives and move from merely surviving to thriving,” Huffington said. “SheKnows Media and its #BlogHer conference series share our mission to inspire individuals to prioritize their wellbeing to achieve greatness in all aspects of their lives. I look forward to sharing what I’ve learned throughout my career with a roomful of like-minded female content creators.”
Samantha Skey, President, SheKnows Media, said, “Arianna is a true pioneer, and now she is using her immense influence to help us evolve our thinking about the important, undeniable role that personal wellbeing plays when it comes to our careers. We could not be more thrilled to welcome her to #BlogHer18 Health to reveal what inspired her to launch Thrive Global after more than a decade at The Huffington Post, and what she believes it takes to live a truly successful life.”
Huffington joins an exciting and growing list of premier speakers at #BlogHer18 Health, including: Jillian Michaels, one of the world’s foremost wellness entrepreneurs; Dr. Jessica Shepherd, a women’s health expert, OBGYN and contributor on Oz; and Nitika Chopra, host of “Naturally Beautiful” on Z Living and a self-esteem advocate; to name a few. In addition to Huffington, the following key influencers are among the newest to join the #BlogHer18 Health speaker roster:
- Amy Ziering, a two-time Emmy Award-winning and Academy Award-nominated documentary filmmaker best known for The Hunting Groundand The Invisible War.
- Christine Bibbo Herr, a fashion, fitness and lifestyle expert and the creator of NYCpretty.com
- Eva Amurri Martino, an actress and creator of The Happily app and the HappilyEvaAfter blog
- Hannah Bronfman, brand ambassador and founder of HBFIT.com
- Jordan Younger, author, yoga teacher, host of the “Soul on Fire” podcast and the blogger behind the wellness and lifestyle blog, The Balanced Blonde
- Kelly LeVeque, a celebrity nutritionist, wellness expert and author of the best-selling book, Body Love. LeVeque has been featured on “Good Morning America,” “The Doctors” and E! News, and some of her clients include Jessica Alba, Emmy Rossum and Chelsea Handler.
- Keri Glassman, a renowned celebrity nutritionist, healthy cooking expert and wellness thought leader who has been featured on “The Today Show,” “Good Morning America,” “The Rachael Ray Show” and more
- Nastia Liukin, a five-time Olympic medalist and nine-time World Medalist in women’s gymnastics, NBC commentator and entrepreneur
- Nesochi Okeke-lgbokwe, a physician, speaker and health media experts who has been featured in Vogue, Forbes, Glamour, Teen Vogue and more
- Phoebe Lapine, a writer, gluten-free chef, Hashimoto’s advocate, creator of the award-winning blog Feed Me Phoebe, and author of the book The Wellness Project
- Reesa Lake, Partner and Senior Vice President, Digital Brand Architects (DBA)
- Sarah Brokaw, author and host of Shared Secrets podcast
In addition, singer, songwriter and musician Brynn Elliott will perform during a Find Your Flow interactive wellness session at #BlogHer18 Health.
To get tickets or to learn more about the conference, please visit: https://www.blogher.com/blogher18-health. More information about SheKnows Media can be found at www.sheknowsmedia.com.