SheKnows Media Celebrates Women Through a Modern Feminism Lens at its 2016 Digital Content Newfronts Presentation
Explore this investment
NEW YORK–(BUSINESS WIRE)–SheKnows Media, a leading purpose-driven women’s media company with 81 million unique visitors per month1 and 285 million social media fans and followers, today announced that it will debut several new video offerings designed to celebrate women, elevate authentic voices and demystify women’s health at its first-ever Digital Content NewFronts presentation on May 9.
With modern feminism as the overarching theme backed by proprietary research and audience insights, SheKnows Media will reveal the following entertaining, highly scalable and sharable video series that offer brands an unmatched opportunity to engage the millions of women who visit the company’s sites each month:
- #TheFWord: This new platform builds on a series that SheKnows Media launched to ignite conversation on feminism through the lens of powerful, personal storytelling. After kicking off with a UGC video contest in early 2016 to understand all perspectives on feminism backed by new, unprecedented research on the state of feminism in the U.S., SheKnows Media gives brands the opportunity to support an up-and-coming female filmmaker who is focused on producing unique, short-form women-empowerment videos.
- School Lunch Warriors: SheKnows Media is collaborating with the executive producer of HGTV’s House Hunters International to produce a new competition show in which parents go head-to-head with each other to create healthy school lunches that wow a panel of kid judges. Brands’ products are the must-use ingredient, allowing for strategic product integration throughout the episode.
- #Fail: This new concept from The Pitch, SheKnows Media’s platform and video series that elevates, connects and celebrates women entrepreneurs, talks to everyone – from celebrities to CEOs – who transformed their failures into opportunities even better than they could imagine. Brands can sponsor an episode profiling successful women, including Stacy London, a stylist/fashion consultant, author, and magazine editor known for hosting “What Not to Wear,” comedian Amanda Seales, “Hamilton” star and Tony nominee Renee Goldsberry, and Soul Cycle Founders Elizabeth Cutlerand Julie Rice.
In addition, The Pitch, which has been covered in Fast Company, The Business Journals and Chicago Tribune, will be launched as a reality show that matches female entrepreneurs to mentors who work with them to fine-tune their value propositions and business models.
- Learn From Her: This new, innovative education channel is the brainchild of HelloFlo, which created viral videos like “Camp Gyno” and “First Moon Party” and is now SheKnows Media’s flagship women’s health platform. Learn From Her offers on-demand, paid online classes taught by professional, trustworthy female experts, providing sponsors with 10-plus in-depth lessons covering a range of issues impacting women and their families – from parenting through puberty to fertility for beginners.
In addition, HelloFlo today debuted the second video, “Leaks Can’t Stop Me Now,” as part of its year-long partnership with Kimberly-Clark’s U by Kotex and Poise brands. The humorous music video brings awareness to light bladder leakage – an issue affecting millions of women at various life stages – from postpartum to menopause. The video can be viewed here.
- Big Topics, Small Humans: From the makers of Hatch, SheKnows Media’s digital storytelling and media literacy program for kids, Big Topics, Small Humans captures the authentic, funny and shareworthy reactions Generation Z has to pop culture events and important, topical issues – from the 2016 presidential election to Kardashian fashion.
- Bad Date Diaries: SheKnows finds real-life, cringe-worthy dating stories in this animated series featuring voiceovers by the women who experienced them, giving viewers a laugh and lighthearted look at how hard yet hilarious it is to be single.
- Go Grandmas: This first-to-market show gives grandmothers the chance to cross something off their bucket lists – whether that’s scuba diving for the first time or reconnecting with a long-lost love.
“SheKnows Media has been at the top of comScore’s list of top lifestyle sites targeting women for the last 12-plus consecutive months2,” said Philippe Guelton, Chief Executive Officer, SheKnows Media. “I attribute that to the fact that we embody what it means to be a modern media company, providing highly curated and relevant, premium and deeply authentic content, while enabling our 21,000-member Experts Among Us influencer community to drive the conversation. This approach is what sets us apart, and we could not be more thrilled to showcase our newest video offerings, reveal new technology and proprietary research, and celebrate the winner of #TheFWord video contest as a first-time NewFronts presenter.”
Momentum’s Impact Dashboard Is Revealed
During SheKnows Media’s NewFronts presentation, Guelton will unveil the Impact Dashboard – the latest advancement within Momentum, the company’s proprietary leading-edge community, content and analytics platform that brings influencers and advertisers into a single digital ecosystem.
The Impact Dashboard provides advertisers with automated influencer recommendations based on their specific campaign objectives, and then delivers real-time performance data as the campaign propagates across the web.
“We are committed to growing investment in data and technology to ensure a best-in-class experience for both our clients and users,” Guelton said. “Momentum and the Impact Dashboard are unlike anything available in the marketplace, providing a platform that enables our diverse community of content creators to distribute high-quality, authentic content at scale, while giving our clients the visibility they need to track and evaluate campaign performance.”
More about the Impact Dashboard, as well as the ability to test its functionality, is available at www.sheknowsmedia.com/demo.
SheKnows Media Honors the #TheFWord Video Contest Winner; Opens the 2016 #Femvertising Awards Call for Entries
In keeping with the feminism theme at NewFronts, SheKnows Media will honor Alex Relagado and Caitlyn Young, the winners of #TheFWord short-form video contest it launched in early 2016 with Ms. Foundation to explore the zeitgeist around feminism.
#TheFWord contest encouraged individuals of all genders, ethnicities and points of view to submit brief, two- to three-minute videos describing what feminism means to them. A high-profile panel of judges including Emmy-nominated actress Connie Britton, “Orange Is The New Black” actor Matt McGorry, “Unreal,” “Girls” and “Rosewell” actress Shiri Appleby, and Tony Award-winning Broadway and television actress Laura Benanti helped narrow down the 100-plus original entries, after which SheKnows Media opened the competition up to the public to vote for their favorite video from among the six finalists. Nearly 10,000 votes culminated in a win for Regalado and Young’s video, “This Part of Me.”
SheKnows Media will also reveal the full set of findings from its proprietary, third-party validated #TheFWord study on feminism that explored how women view the concept of feminism, whether or not they self-identify as a feminist and if they perceive feminism to have a tangible impact on their day-to-day lives, careers and relationships. More than 1,600 individuals responded to the online survey – the results of which are available online here.
“We believe that we impact important issues such as sexism and gender bias through pop culture and mainstream media,” said Samantha Skey, President and Chief Revenue Officer, SheKnows Media. “Together, #TheFWord video contest and research tells a powerful story about the way that feminism resonates differently with women of varying ages, ethnicities, lifestyles and backgrounds. We are excited to reveal the full study, as well as show a clip from Alex and Caitlyn’s video.”
Finally, SheKnows Media will open the Call for Entries for the second-annual #Femvertising Awards at the NewFronts. The #Femvertising Awards honor advertising that challenges gender norms and unattainable beauty standards while increasing consumer loyalty and brand awareness. The inaugural awards paid tribute to premier brands like Always, RAM Trucks, Dove, HelloFlo, and L’Oréal for doing the right thing by women and girls through pro-female advertising.
This year, #Femvertising Awards winners will be celebrated during 2016 Advertising Week in September. To date, esteemed judges who will help determine finalists include:
- Shiri Appleby, actress and star of “Unreal,” Girls” and “Roswell”
- Anna L. Flores, Founder & CEO, Latina Bloggers Connect, Inc & #WeAllGrow Summit
- Feminista Jones, Editor, SheKnows Media and Co-Founder, Women’s Freedom Conference
- Jamia Wilson, Executive Director, Women, Action & The Media
To request more information about SheKnows Media’s NewFronts presentation, email NewFronts@SheKnows.com. Go to http://corporate.sheknows.com to learn more about SheKnows Media.
1 comScore, Media Metrix, Multiplatform Key Measures Report, April 2016, U.S.
2 comScore, Media Metrix, Multiplatform Lifestyles Category Ranking Reports, Target Audience: Females, April 2016, U.S.
SheKnows Media is the number-one women’s lifestyle digital media company with more than 81 million unique visitors per month (comScore, Media Metrix, Multiplatform Key Measures Report, April 2016, U.S.) and 285 million social media fans and followers. The company operates a family of leading media properties that include SheKnows.com, HelloFlo.com, BlogHer.com and StyleCaster.com. SheKnows Media also organizes conferences, including #BlogHer16: Experts Among Us, the largest annual celebration of women online content creators, social media influencers and brand executives, taking place in Los Angeles, August 4-6, 2016. With a mission of women inspiring women, SheKnows Media is revolutionizing the publishing industry by forging a new model that seamlessly integrates users, editors and content creators onto a single platform designed to empower all women to discover, share and create. Whether it’s parenting or pop culture, fashion or food, DIY or décor, our award-winning editorial team, Experts, bloggers and social media influencers produce authentic and on-trend content every day. We dig deep to learn what makes our audience tick, revealing unexpected insights on women and digital media. Our robust, end-to-end suite of premium branded content and influencer marketing solutions generate more than 2 billion ad impressions per month (sources: DFP), allowing brands to distribute authentic content and integrated advertising at scale.
SheKnows Media is based in New York and Scottsdale, Ariz., with offices in Los Angeles, Chicago and Redwood City, Calif. We also operate internationally in Canada, Australia and the United Kingdom.